Kimberly Chappell , Library Media Specialist
Phone: (256) 428-7576 Ext 203
Our mission is to assist students in becoming effective users of information and to prepare students to be life-long learners.
The library hours are from 8:00 until 4:00 Monday thru Friday.
Policies and Procedures
Students are allowed to check out three (3) books at a time.
All books are checked out for a loan period of two (2) weeks.
Reference materials may be checked out overnight.
Flexible access to the library is available to students throughout the day.
Students must have a library pass and sign in at the circulation desk.
Students may read, study, check out books, do research, and work on projects.
If you need to reserve the library for a class, meeting or event, please complete the library reservation form and return it to Ms. Chappell at least 24 hours in advance.
Books and Resources
Search Our Catalog - Check out our new eBooks!
EmPower Ed is an initiative of the Huntsville City Board of Education for the purpose of enabling or enhancing digital learning environments through continuous access to mobile internet service. Please see the librarian for more information.
Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) provides all students, teachers, and citizens of the State of Alabama with online access to essential library and information resources.
Additional Library Links
- Cite Your Sources
- Bibme is a free automatic citation creator that supports MLA, APA, Chicago, and Turabian formatting. BibMe will then format the citation information and compile a bibliography according to the guidelines of the style manuals.
- Citation Machine helps with properly crediting and citing information.
- Cite this me create your citations, reference lists and bibliographies automatically using the APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard referencing styles.
- Free Audio Books/eBooks
- LibriVox free public domain audiobooks
- Loyal Books online audiobook downloads for android, iPhone & mp3- listen to audible books ontape and eBooks in English, French, Spanish, Tamil, Portuguese, German & more.
- Open eBooks is a partnership between the Digital Public Library of America, The New York Public Library, and First Book, with content support from digital books.
- Project Gutenberg offers over 54,000 free eBooks: choose among free epub books, free kindle books, download them or read them online.
- Free Databases
- Digital Readworks improve your reading comprehension with aceess to thousands of high-quality, free K-12 articles.
- Google Cultural Institute explore collections and stories from around the world with Google arts and culture.
- Google Scholar is a free web-based search engine that searches for scholarly materials such as books and articles.
- Library of Congress is a database of records describing the library's vast collections of books, serials, manuscripts, maps, music, recordings, images, and electronic resources.
- Homework Help
- Khan Academy Crash Course brush up your skills in science on a wide range of biology topics, from biochemistry to mitosis to ecology, with fun and informative Crash Course videos.
- Prezi presentation software that uses motion, zoom, and spatial relationships to bring your presentations to life.
- Prodigy Math free online math games
- Tutor.com get help 24/7 in 40 subjects
- Online Periodicals
- Study/Test Skills