The Mission of Huntsville High School Library Media Center for all students is to instill a desire for knowledge, empower critical thinking and inspire life-long learning that insures success within a globally connected society. This mission will be accomplished by, but not limited to the following:
- Promoting reading within the curriculum and for pleasure.
- Promoting and offering instruction for information literacy.
- Providing access to informational resources in a variety of media and formats.
- Promoting use of the Library Media Center.
- Promoting responsible digital citizenship.
- Enabling and assuring student success through collaboration with teachers to support classroom and curriculum needs.
- Ronald D. Bean
- Amy Bishop
- Teresa Lewis
Alabama Virtual Library: Connecting you to a world of knowledge.
Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC): Huntsville High School's Library Catalog
Student Technology Enhancement Program (STEP): An initiative of the Huntsville City Board of Education for the purpose of enabling or enhancing digital learning environments through continuous access to mobile internet service.
Additional Library Links
- College and Career Planning
- CollegeBoard: SAT and PSAT information and planning
- ACT: Solutions for College and Career Readiness
- Research and Information Gathering
- Occupational Outlook Handbook: United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics
- C|Net: Technology News and Product Reviews
- Huntsville Madison County Public Library: Create, Explore, Connect...
- Merriam Webster Dictionary: Dictionary and Thesaurus
- Infoplease: Online Encyclopedia, Almanac, Atlas, Biographies…
- Common Sense Media: An independent nonprofit organization dedicated to helping kids thrive in a world of media and technology
- Content Help and Tutorials
- Cybrary: Free and Open Source Learning for Cyber Security, IT and more.
- Cyber Aces: Your gateway to cybersecurity skills and careers.
- Kahn Academy: Where you can learn anything
- Duolingo: Learn a language for free
- The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History: An American history nonprofit organization dedicated to K–12 education
- PhET Interactive Simulations: Interactive Simulations for Science and Math
- Virtual Writing Tutor: English as a Second Language Grammar Checker