The mission Virgil I. Grissom High School's Guidance Department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program to prepare students for responsible participation as a citizens in a global technological society by providing all students opportunities to achieve their highest academic, social, and creative potential using diverse tools of learning.
Counselors work in a collaborative partnership with students, educators, parents and the community members to empower students to reach their highest level as a productive member of society.
The Grissom High School Guidance Department maintains an open-door policy to all students seeking assistance. Parents are encouraged to contact their counselor anytime if they are having any concerns about their student.
Teacher Referral - If a student wishes to see a counselor, they should obtain a pass from their teacher to come to the Guidance Department. We can also be reached by telephone or email.
- Parent Involvement- Students whose parents are involved in their school experience tend to be more successful academically. We welcome and encourage your involvement.
Services We Provide
- School Guidance Curriculum
- Group Activities
- Individual Student Planning
- Classroom Guidance Activities
- Parent Work Shops
- Topics and Issues
- Study Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Stress Management
- Positive Personal Choice
- College Planning
- 4 Year Plans
- Career Awareness and Exploration
- James Vasquez, 9th Grade Counselor, extension 2121
- Taleshay Gray, 10th Grade Counselor, extension 2235
- Amy Langford , 11th Grade Counselor, extension 2125
- Chanda Futey,12th Grade Counselor, extension 2162