Principal's Message 3-27-23
Grissom Parents & Students,
Students should have received their report cards this past Friday, March 24th. If you did not receive a report card for your child, please check your child’s 3rd quarter grades in PowerSchool or come by the front office for a printed copy.
- Friday, April 7, 2023, is an E-Learning Day for students. This was originally a weather day.
- Tuesday, April 11, 2023, is the ACT test for all 11th graders. This is a required state test. This will be an
- E-learning Day for 9th,10th, & 12th graders.
Dress Code Reminders!
- Hats are not permitted in the building
- Shorts must be mid-thigh length
- No pajama pants
- No crop tops or spaghetti straps
Course registration forms for the 23-24 school year are were due on March 3rd. If you missed this deadline, please contact your child’s counselor for the 23-24 school year.
- Rising 10th grade counselor: Chanda Futey
- Rising 11th grade counselor: Taleshay Gray
- Rising 12th grade counselor: Amy Langford
The only location for student drop off is the Freshman Academy. All students who do not drive should be dropped off at the Freshman Academy before 8:30 a.m. Student drivers should arrive to school before 8:20 a.m. This will allow sufficient time for students to go through the weapons detection system and get to class before 8:30 a.m.
Schedule for this Week 3/24-3/31:
- Monday A Day
- Tuesday B Day
- Wednesday A Day
- Thursday A Day
- Friday B Day
Athletic Schedule: March 27- April 1
- Mar. 27(F) vs. Bob Jones 4:30 & 6:30
- Mar. 31(JV) vs. Buckhorn 4:30 & 6:30
- April 1 (V) vs. Buckhorn/Vestavia Hills 11am & 4pm
- April 1 @ Bob Jones
- Mar. 30 vs. Randolph @ Ledges
- Mar. 30 vs. Whitesburg Christian 3:30pm
- April 1 vs. Brentwood TN. 12pm & 2pm
- Mar. 28 vs. Sparkman 5pm & 7pm
- Mar. 28 vs. Sparkman 4:30 & 6pm
- Mar. 30 Elkmont 4:30pm & 6:30pm
Please make sure you send an excuse note for your child whenever they have been absent. If you have questions regarding your child’s attendance, please contact the grade level administrator. Please check your child’s attendance to ensure accuracy. You may do this through Powerschool. Please provide an excuse note when your child is absent. You may email Laura bell for attendance issues or notes. firstname.lastname@example.org Jeanne Baird Greer Principal Grissom High School