Principal's Message (April 24)
- Students will participate in the last iReady Benchmark on May 1st and May 3rd. You can help by having your child go to bed on time, eat a healthy breakfast, and wear layered clothes. Please encourage your child to do his/her best on the test! Students that check-in late will go to the library so testing is not interrupted. Student check-out will be paused from 8:30-11:30 both days. Thanks for your patience and support!
- Our STEM TSA Team earned 2nd place overall at the competition! They earned 16 awards and had 24 state finalist entries! Go Bulls!
- Congratulations to our CyberSecurity team. They received 3rd place in Integrity, which was a Phishing competition, and 1st place in a PC building competition. The participants were: Keane O'Steen, Marleigh Etheridge, Mason Alexander, Kolby Noworyta, Amir Lopez, Cooper Nunn, and William Holt.
- Help us spread the word - we would love to have our rising 6th Graders - Join Us For Becoming A Bull April 27 from 4:30-6:00
- Students that fail courses for the year (earn a 59% or lower for the year average) may need and/or be required to attend summer school for promotion. There is a cost associated with summer school. One course is $250 ($50 registration fee included), and the second course is an additional $150. Please look at your child's grades with him/her and help him/her reach out to teachers if they need assistance. We are in the fourth grading period!
- HCMS Athletic Banquet Wednesday, May 3, 5:30 p.m. Cheer, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer and Track athletes will be recognized! Dress is business casual. We need your RSVP by April 27.
- We need your help! Your child has homework! Every student needs to complete 50 minutes of iReady math and 50 minutes of iReady Reading every week! You can check this by: Have your child log into his/her Chromebook, from Clever, he/she selects the iReady tile. On the iReady home screen, select math, the minutes your child has worked will be visible for you to see, he/she needs 50 minutes of math (and 50 minutes of reading per week)
- Does your child need help with Math Homework? There are Study Experts ready to help our students from Math Nation every night from 2 pm - 8 pm Central Time. Students may access this great service by logging into Clever and selecting the Math Nation Tile!
- Is your child attending a HCMS or a Huntsville City School next year? It is time to register (Even if they are a current student - you still need to register for next year!)
Snap Codes were sent to the primary email address listed in Power School. All proof of residency and registration must be complete by May 24, 2023.
Please call or email Ms. Lewis for assistance! 256-428-08380 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Thanks to the 461 families of our 750 that have already completed registration for next year!)
- Color Wars! Our last color war day is May 5! Grade Levels will compete to show the most grade level spirit by wearing any shirt in their grade level color. 8th grade = black, 7th grade = gray, 6th grade = red. The winning Grade level will have a celebration the following Tuesday during homeroom.
- Attendance - We need our students at school to learn and to comply with the state's attendance law. Please email Ms. Chambers with a reason or doctor's note if your child is absent. Thanks for helping us make sure your child's attendance record is accurate!
I want to take a moment to Thank Ms. Snider and the parent volunteers that provide countless STEM opportunities for our students. Their hard work and commitment enable students to participate in robotics, future city, green power, the technology student association and so much more. The time spent after school and even on Saturday mornings does not go unnoticed. Thank You!