- Please stop by the Nurse's Clinic to pick up your child's medication prior to 2:00 p.m. on May 25, 2023! Contact Nurse Brown with any questions.
- Summer Hours: Our office will be open Monday-Friday from 7:30 - 4:30 to assist you! You can also reach us by calling 256-428-8380 or by emailing: Ms. Buchanan - Office Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mr. Stricklen - Assistant Principal, Ms. Smith - Principal
- As we approach the end of the school year, there are many exciting activities planned for our students! On May 22nd, 8th grade students will be participating in HCMS’s annual Derby Day. On Derby Day, the 8th grade students participate in a picnic-style lunch. For $3, students can receive water, a bag of chips, a bag of cookies, and hot dog to eat during their lunch. Families can pay on MySchoolFees or by turning in cash to Ms. Redpath before Derby Day (May 22nd). Please contact Ms. Redpath if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you!
- PBIS Celebration this Friday. Please send your child with sunblock (already applied), a water bottle, and tennis/athletic shoes to participate in our PBIS Celebration. Students will receive a free sno-cone (additional sno-cones may be purchased) and participate in kickball, inflatables, volleyball, and other fun activities to celebrate terrific behavior! Thanks to our PTA for their continued support and sponsorship - without them we could not host these events!
- Is your child attending a HCMS or a Huntsville City School next year? It is time to register (Even if they are a current student - you still need to register for next year!)
Snap Codes were sent to the primary email address listed in Power School. All proof of residency and registration must be complete by May 24, 2023. Please call or email Ms. Lewis for assistance! 256-428-8380 or email@example.com
I want to share our End of the Year iReady Growth Reports for Math and Reading with you. We have a lot to celebrate with our students! As you can see below, our median percent growth toward students' Typical Growth in Reading for the year was 175% with 68% of our students scoring at or above grade level, in math it was 129% with 60% of our students scoring at or above grade level. There is still so much room to grow but I am pleased with the commitment our students and teachers have made in this platform. I cannot wait to see what we achieve next year!