Principal's Message (May 8)
- Spirit Wear for 2023-2024 is on sale until May 9, 2023. Order your child's spirit wear for next school year, HCMS Spirit Wear - Cheddar Up!
- Congratulations to our community based Blue Bananas Robotics Team! They came in 2nd place at the FIRST LEGO League Alabama Championship. When the Blue Bananas were named the Alabama State Championship Finalist, they received an invitation to represent Alabama at an international competition called the Razorback Open Invitational! The Blue Bananas include four HCMS students: Joshua Stokes (7th grade), Jake McAllister, Caroline Mulac and Matthew Keepers (all 6th grade).
- Students that fail courses for the year (earn a 59% or lower for the year average) may need and/or be required to attend summer school for promotion. There is a cost associated with summer school. One course is $250 ($50 registration fee included), and the second course is an additional $150. Please look at your child's grades with him/her and help him/her reach out to teachers if they need assistance. We are in the fourth grading period!
- We need your help! Your child has homework! Every student needs to complete 50 minutes of iReady math and 50 minutes of iReady Reading every week! You can check this by: Have your child log into his/her Chromebook, from Clever, he/she selects the iReady tile. On the iReady home screen, select math, the minutes your child has worked will be visible for you to see, he/she needs 50 minutes of math (and 50 minutes of reading per week)
- Does your child need help with Math Homework? There are Study Experts ready to help our students from Math Nation every night from 2 pm - 8 pm Central Time. Students may access this great service by logging into Clever and selecting the Math Nation Tile!
- Is your child attending a HCMS or a Huntsville City School next year? It is time to register (Even if they are a current student - you still need to register for next year!)
Snap Codes were sent to the primary email address listed in Power School. All proof of residency and registration must be complete by May 24, 2023.
Please call or email Ms. Lewis for assistance! 256-428-08380 or email@example.com
- Attendance - We need our students at school to learn and to comply with the state's attendance law. Please email Ms. Chambers with a reason or doctor's note if your child is absent. Thanks for helping us make sure your child's attendance record is accurate!
- We are following HCS's No Cell Phone Policy. Please do not text or facilitate texts from your child during the school day. On several occasions, a student has had a consequence in alignment with the policy and BLG and it was their parent they were texting with! Please remind your child, if they need to use their phone or call home, they simply need to ask an adult in the building.
It is hard to believe we only have two more FULL weeks of school. Our teachers and students will continue to build their standard mastery through the end of the year. We will also continue to work in iReady until our student Chromebooks are collected on May 16, 17, and 18. Please remind your child to earn two lessons passed and fifty minutes of work in both reading and math next week so they can attend the iReady Pep Rally we have planned. Students have time to work on their progress at school and they are welcome to work at home. As always, feel free to reach out with any questions. .