Lakewood 2nd through 6th grade students will continue taking the ACAP (Alabama Comprehensive Assessment Program) Assessment this week. Parent, be sure you have checked your students' homwwork binders, backpacks, and class communication resources like Class Dojo for notices from your students' teachers pertaining to testing. We are again asking parents and guardians to help support our students be prepapred for testing every day this week by doing the following...
- Make sure students get a good amount of sleep each night.
- Make sure students eat a nutritious and filling breakfast each morning. Try to avoid foods high in sugar which can make students hyper and unfocused.
- Make sure students are on time each day of testing. Avoid scheduling doctor/dental appointments during testing days and times. However, if your student gets sick, please contact the school immediately to let them know.
- Reinforce with your students that as long as they try hard and do their best, you will be proud of them.
- Keep a positive attitude, in general, about testing.
We thank you for your cooperation and support of each and every student as they work through this year's testing. Our students have worked so diligently this year and their hard work is about to pay off!