Here are a few simple things you can do to help your child be a successful student and more prepared for the ACAP.
- Support the teacher in homework expectations. Homework reinforces what was learned in the school day. It also helps them develop a sense of responsibility and a work ethic that will benefit them beyond the classroom.
- Send your child to school ready to learn. Avoid conversations that might upset your child right before entering the school building, a lot of times these conversations lead to a stressful day for your child and affects their learning.
- Develop a routine that will allow students to get the appropriate amount of sleep. Most school-age kids need 10 to 12 hours of sleep a night.
- Make time to talk about school.
- Take attendance seriously. For some students missing just one day can be cruical to their learning.