Chaffee Elementary News 3/6/2023
Greetings CES Families,
It’s the last week before spring break, and we are continuing Read Across America Week. During this week we celebrate the joy of reading. Students are invited to dress for each day’s theme (see information below). I’m looking forward to a wonderful week.
Remind your child to get any of their lost items from Lost and Found. Items left behind will be donated this week.
Spring ACAP Testing is right around the corner! Our 2nd and 3rd graders will test April 3-6. Our 4th graders will test April 17-20 and April 25-26. Our 5th graders will test April 17-20. Please make sure students arrive to school on time, eat a healthy breakfast at home or at school, and have a charged laptop. Please encourage your child to do his/her best. Every test is practice for the next test!
Registration for the 2023-24 school year is now open. A snapcode was sent to the primary email address on file. Please complete registration as soon as possible so that we can plan for next year. The district will determine our number of teachers for next year based on registration. We would love to earn additional teachers so that our class sizes decrease. Please encourage your friends to register as soon as possible. You can reach out to Ms. Cothren or Ms. Saylor with any questions.
- Mar. 7: PTA Executive Board Meeting
- Mar. 8: Spring Pictures
- Mar. 10: eLearning Day for Students and End of 3rd Quarter
- Mar. 13-17: Spring Break
- Mar. 22: Report Cards
- Mar. 24: PBIS Celebration
- Mar. 27: Doughnuts with Grownups
- Mar. 31: Decades Bash Family Event
- Apr. 4: PTA Executive Board Meeting
- Apr. 5: Kindergarten Cap & Gown Photos
- Apr. 7: eLearning Day (formerly a Weather Day)
- Apr. 14: K for a Day
- Apr. 21: PBIS Celebration
- Apr. 28: 5th Grade vs. Staff Kickball Game
- Apr. 28-May 5: Book Fair
Lost & Found
Our Lost & Found area is overflowing! Please tell your child to look for his/her missing items. We will donate all remaining items at the end of February.
It is vital that students are present each day unless sick. Students are allowed a limit of 7 parent sick notes a year. Students are considered truant if they have more than three unexcused absences at any time or if they have more than 18 absences for the year, whether the absences are excused or unexcused.
Please send excuse notes to your child's teacher or email them to Sarah Cothren.
What's Up in P.E This March
Hello Golden, Eagles! It's Coach B. I'm excited to give you an update on what your children have been learning in P.E. The month of February, we worked on balance, movement concepts, and jumping rope. I am really impressed with how far students came in our jump rope unit! In March we will be working on dribbling a basketball and learning dances for the Decades Dance at the end of the month. Feel free to encourage your children to practice at home!
- Classroom Concerns: (contact teacher first)
- Registration/Attendance: Sarah Cothren
- Library/Technology: Yuri Craig
- Counselor: Velendia Burwell
- Nurse: Julie Folsom (Call office to get in contact)
- Administrative Assistant: (Call office to get in contact)
- Principal: April Clark
Read Across America Spirit Week Days
- Friday, March 3 - "We Found a Hat" ( Wear a Hat)
- Monday, March 6 - "Who Would Win?" (Wear green or camouflage)
- Tuesday, March 7- "Smelly Socks" (Wear your silliest socks)
- Wednesday, March 8- "Missy's Picture Day" (Wear nice clothes for spring pictures)
- Thursday, March 9- "Sleep Like Me" (Wear school appropriate pajamas)
"K" For a Day
April 14, 2023
Learn what a day in the life of a kindergartener is like !
What to Expect:
- Parent information session
- Students visits kindergarten classrooms
- Question and answer session
- School tour
- 2 time sessions to choose from
Call (256) 428-7040 for more information.