Principal's Message 08-29-22
Dear Blossomwood Families,
We have been reminding our students almost daily about the importance of reading an extra ten to fifteen minutes each night at home. There is a significant amount of research that supports that adding only ten minutes of reading daily can dramatically enhance a student's percentile ranking. If you're interested in learning more, please read this article from Scientific Learning.
Do You Encourage Your Child to Work Independently?
Students often say, "I need some help!" However, if you hear this every day, you may need to help your child become more independent and confident in their abilities.
Answer yes or no to the following questions to determine if you are fostering self-reliance:
1) Do you tell your child, " I believe in your and know you can do it."
2) Do you help your child break big projects down into smaller pieces that are easier to finish?
3) Do you remind your child of the importance of persistence? You couldn't ride a bike the first time you tried. But you kept at it. Is there another strategy you could try?
4) Do you ask questions when your child gets stuck? "What did you learn when you read the chapter?"
5) Do you offer praise when your child finishes work without assistance?
How well are you doing? If most of your answers are yes, you are helping your child to work independently. For no answers, try some of those ideas.
Source: Elementary School Parents Make the Difference; Sept. 2022, Volume 34, Number 1
Join the Panthergram Mailing List
Our PTA distributes a weekly Panthergram. It typically arrives in your inbox on Sunday nights. Please sign up to ensure that you're receiving important information related to our school. To get started, simply text Blossomwood to 22828.
Join PTA Today
Help make a difference in our school! Family membership dues, Panther Pride Pacesetter donations, and corporate sponsorships provide support to our teachers and students through programs, technology, and family-friendly activities. Here is a list of some of the things your money goes towards:
- $5,000 for library purchases
- Teacher start-up funds for every teacher
- Landscaping and outdoor maintenance
- Clinic supplies
- Beach day
- Behavior parties
- Support Staff
- Typing club subscription
- Teacher and staff appreciation
Please visit the Blossomwood PTA Square site to join PTA today!
In an effort of continuous improvement, Blossomwood Elementary is conducting a Parent Survey. Please take a moment to complete the survey. Your responses will be anonymous, and your honest opinion is appreciated.
Bradley A. Scott, Ed.D.