Principal's Message 1-16-23
Dear Blossomwood Families,
I want to take a moment to compliment our students for an outstanding job during the inclement weather we experienced Thursday morning. From calmly and quickly moving to our designated safe area for severe weather to the job they did while we waited for the storm to pass, it was impressive, but certainly not a surprise. Like the children say, "You can't spell best without BES!"
Thank you for your continued efforts with helping us to provide a safe and efficient arrival and dismissal, including carpooling as much as possible. Below you will find a few helpful reminders:
- Please no cell phone use in the car line (morning and afternoon). With children present, we need the full attention of drivers.
- Changes in how a student will be transported home should be discussed prior to them arriving at school. We will not interrupt classroom instruction to notify students of a change in transportation. Instead, we will send the message to the classroom at 2:00 pm.
- Any checking-out of students should be done prior to 2:00 pm due to afternoon dismissal and classroom end of the day tasks and procedures.
- All students should be picked up in the car line unless he/she is a bus rider, bicycle rider, or a walker to a location off campus.
- For cars, please have your yellow sign with the name of the student(s) and grade(s) on it in your front window. This will assist the person calling names and allow the line to move more efficiently.
Thank you for your help!
BES Excels at the 5th Grade Grissom Math Stars Competition
Congratulations to our fifth graders that participated in 5th Grade Grissom Math Stars Math Competition! We recognized them on our BNN morning broadcast last Friday.
All of the students listed below participated in a team competition (4 students on each team) as well as an individual competition. During the team competition, students on the same team helped each other solve a variety of math problems. In the individual competition, each student had to take an individual test and their score determined their placement.
- Carly Agee
- Jace Cannatella
- Claire Davenport
- Kevin Douglass
- Kolton Good
- Eila Gorman
- Persephone Lazenby
- Landry Lowe
- Sam Mann
- Samuel Randle
- Elizabeth Rees
- Josiah Saevarsson
- Rowan Schrimsher
- Noah Shraeder
- Kaiden Taylor
- Lila Weber
From our wonderful group of Mrs. Paul's Blossomwood Math Wonders, we had one team finish 5th place overall. Congratulations to these team members: Josiah Saevarrson, Kolten Good, Samuel Randle, and Claire Davenport.
In the individual competition, we want to congratulate Sam Randle for placing 4th overall out of 180 participants!
Thank You From Mrs. Ryan, Crossing Guard at Tennessee Avenue
Unfortunately, our own Mrs. Ryan, the crossing guard at Tennessee Avenue, lost her husband just prior to our winter break. She sent us a thank you note that I have typed out for you below.
To: The Parents & Children of the Tennessee Walkers,
Dear Students and Parents,
You have been a blessing to me during this very difficult time that I've been going through with the loss of my husband. I've received so many sweet noes from the children and all the wonderful food. It warms my heart. Thank you!
Mary Lue Ryan
"Mrs. Ryan" - Safety patrol
Let's have another great week!
Bradley A. Scott, Ed.D.