Principal's Message 10-10-22
Dear Blossomwood Families,
I hope everyone had a wonderful time making new memories as a family during Fall Break! As the students return this week and we start a new grading period, here are a few ideas that families can use to help our children do well in school.
- Pick a word of the day. Challenge family members to use it in a sentence. Make it a daily habit.
- Take a walk with your child and use all five senses to observe the world around you. This intentional act of paying attention to details can positively impact their writing as they learn to be more observant and descriptive.
- Does your child know who to call in an emergency? Make a list and post it on your refrigerator. Practice what to say.
- Ask your child, “What was the most interesting thing you learned today?”
- Let your child stay up 15-30 minutes past bedtime as a treat. The catch? The time must be spent reading.
Thanks again for all your family does at home to support us. Let’s have a great week!
Bradley A. Scott, Ed.D.