Principal's Message (February 27)
- We need your help! Your child has homework! Every student needs to complete 50 minutes of iReady math and 50 minutes of iReady Reading every week! You can check this by: Have your child log into his/her Chromebook, from Clever, he/she selects the iReady tile. On the iReady home screen, select math, the minutes your child has worked will be visible for you to see, he/she needs 50 minutes of math (and 50 minutes of reading per week)
- Does your child need help with Math Homework? There are Study Experts ready to help our students from Math Nation every night from 2 pm - 8 pm Central Time. Students may access this great service by logging into Clever and selecting the Math Nation Tile!
- We need your help! Please do not make appointments for your children during ACAP. We need all our students at school. Projected ACAP Dates for 2022-2023: 6th Grade March 27 - 31 and 7th & 8th Grade April 3-6
- Is your child attending a HCMS or a Huntsville City School next year? It is time to register (Even if they are a current student - you still need to register for next year!)
Snap Codes were sent to the primary email address listed in Power School. All proof of residency and registration must be complete by May 24, 2023.
Please call or email Ms. Lewis for assistance! 256-428-08380 or email@example.com (Thanks to the 172 families of our 750 that have already completed registration for next year!)
- CLASS REGISTRATION: The last day to make a course request change is April 14, 2023. The request must be in writing to Ms. Hunter!
- Do you love working with students? We are hiring for our PE Instructional Assistant position! Please email Ms. Smith if you can assist us!
- Color Wars are back for 2022-2023! They will be the first Friday we are in school each month! Grade Levels will compete to show the most grade level spirit by wearing any shirt in their grade level color. 8th grade = black, 7th grade = gray, 6th grade = red. The winning Grade level will have a celebration the following Tuesday during homeroom. Projected Color Wars Dates: Mar. 3, Apr. 14, May 5
- ALMOST TOO LATE TO ORDER....Order your yearbook and 8th grade student add pages now! Go to Walsworth Yearbooks, search by our school, order your yearbook and a student add page for our current 8th graders now! $70 until 3-2-23; $75 until the ordering time frame is closed.
- Attendance - We need our students at school to learn and to comply with the state's attendance law. Please email Ms. Chambers with a reason or doctor's note if your child is absent. Thanks for helping us make sure your child's attendance record is accurate! firstname.lastname@example.org
We are following HCS's No Cell Phone Policy. Please do not text or facilitate texts from your child during the school day. On several occasions, a student has had a consequence in alignment with the policy and BLG and it was their parent they were texting with! Please remind your child, if they need to use their phone or call home, they simply need to ask an adult in the building. We are happy to help!
The end of the third grading period is just two weeks away. As Spring arrives, grades can slip as students become distracted. Please help your child by setting a time each week to have your child show you his/her grades and for them to explain their classwork, grades, and missing assignments. You can also help by assisting your child in sending his/her teacher a Schoology message if there is a question about a grade or assignment. Building their independence and ability to advocate for themselves is the goal! Thanks for your help.