Principal's Message (March 6)
- Students that fail courses for the year (earn a 59% or lower for the year average) may need and/or be required to attend summer school for promotion. There is a cost associated with summer school. One course is $250 ($50 registration fee included), and the second course is an additional $150. Please look at your child's grades with him/her and help him/her reach out to teachers if they need assistance. We are about to enter the fourth grading period!
- Congratulations to our students selected to All State Choir! 7th grade: Julia Robinson, Ann Wilson Burgess 8th grade: Abbie Saint, Josh Ramclam, Claire Moon, Emily Douglas-Guzon, Sophia Church, Ava Drake and Keaton Cannon
- Save The Date: HCMS Athletic Banquet Thursday, May 4, 2023 5:30 p.m. Cheer, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer and Track athletes will be recognized! Dress is business casual.
- We need your help! Your child has homework! Every student needs to complete 50 minutes of iReady math and 50 minutes of iReady Reading every week! You can check this by: Have your child log into his/her Chromebook, from Clever, he/she selects the iReady tile. On the iReady home screen, select math, the minutes your child has worked will be visible for you to see, he/she needs 50 minutes of math (and 50 minutes of reading per week)
- Does your child need help with Math Homework? There are Study Experts ready to help our students from Math Nation every night from 2 pm - 8 pm Central Time. Students may access this great service by logging into Clever and selecting the Math Nation Tile!
- We need your help! Please do not make appointments for your children during ACAP. We need all our students at school. Projected ACAP Dates for 2022-2023: 6th Grade March 27 - 31 and 7th & 8th Grade April 3-6
- Is your child attending a HCMS or a Huntsville City School next year? It is time to register (Even if they are a current student - you still need to register for next year!)
Snap Codes were sent to the primary email address listed in Power School. All proof of residency and registration must be complete by May 24, 2023.
Please call or email Ms. Lewis for assistance! 256-428-08380 or email@example.com (Thanks to the 189 families of our 750 that have already completed registration for next year!)
- CLASS REGISTRATION: The last day to make a course request change is April 14, 2023. The request must be in writing to Ms. Hunter!
- Do you love working with students? We are hiring for our PE Instructional Assistant position! Please email Ms. Smith if you can assist us!
- Color Wars are back for 2022-2023! They will be the first Friday we are in school each month! Grade Levels will compete to show the most grade level spirit by wearing any shirt in their grade level color. 8th grade = black, 7th grade = gray, 6th grade = red. The winning Grade level will have a celebration the following Tuesday during homeroom. Projected Color Wars Dates: Apr. 14, May 5
- Attendance - We need our students at school to learn and to comply with the state's attendance law. Please email Ms. Chambers with a reason or doctor's note if your child is absent. Thanks for helping us make sure your child's attendance record is accurate!
Spring Break is just five days away! Enjoy the time with your children and the change of seasons. A break from the routine often helps us refocus our priorities and reminds us to be thankful for all we have even though many of our HCMS community members are managing challenges. Please know the staff at HCMS are eager to support our students. We love each one of them and want to help them build life skills along with academic readiness. Please reach out to our counselors and/ or teachers if you think they may need to be aware of a concern impacting your child during the school day - sometimes insight into things affecting our students can make a world of difference in supporting them through the school day.