Magnet Mission Statement
Provide student-artists the opportunity to explore their selected craft through specialized curricula and facuty at Huntsville's premiere creative and performing arts high school.
Unique Program Components
- Daily study of a selected arts major
- Specialized electives in arts strands that are not offered at other high schools
- Access to industry standard equipment and state-of-the-art facilties
- Increased exposure through greater number of exhibit and performance opportunities compared to other high schools
- Experience with specialized arts faculty, local master artists, and guest artists
Available Areas of Concentration
- Arts: Visual Arts & Photography
- Performing Arts: Dance, Theatre Performance, & Theatre Production
- Musical Arts: Vocal Performance
- New Media Production: Creative Writing & Media Arts
For current application information, please visit the Huntsville City Schools Magnet page.
- Current Lee students do not need to reapply annually.
- Parent, guardian, or student must complete online application during the application window for a choice of up to two magnet programs.
- Students apply for the next academic year in the fall of the current year.
- In addition to the online application, students must audition for each program for which they wish to be considered. A committee will judge holistically the interest, experience, and commitment to the magnet theme from each new applicant.
- Minimum Grade Average – 70%
- If the number of selected applicants per program exceeds the number of seats available, the District will use a lottery to admit students.
- Visit this link to view specific interview/audition information.
After being accepted to the magnet program, students must be enrolled through InfoSnap during the normal InfoSnap registration period. Please visit the Huntsville City Schools Enrollment Page for more information.
For questions, please contact Lee High School Magnet Coordinator Ms. Megan Carroll.